Friday, November 24, 2006

Winter Wonderland

Winter is on it's way! Week by week the air is getting colder and I have had to dig out my mittens, scarf and hat before going outside. Here in Minnesota, it gets very cold and the lakes freeze over with ice from November through March. Snowstorms blow through and drop lots of snow on the frozen ground.

One of my favorite Winter activities is sledding. When I was younger, I would spend hours sledding down the hill at my parents' house and running back up and doing it all over again. I also loved going ice skating on the frozen lake and pretending that I was a figure skater in the Olympics. I always won Gold!

Does it snow and get cold where you live? What kinds of Winter activities do you like to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! It's not snowing yet, here in ohio, but. . . it's freezing one day then beautiful the next, in fact I just got back from a wonderful picnic with my mom, when I was little in MI I would go sledding for hours untill I coundn't take the cold, Id go home crying "waaaah!!! I'm cold!!!!!" It actually stung. I'd sit by the radiator with hot chocolate specially prepared by my older sister, then as soon as I 'healed' I'd run back out to go sledding again.

Anonymous said...

I live in BC, where it doesn't snow too often. But that can be a good thing, because when a foot of snow falls everyone gets all excited and close all the schools! I love snow and winter is my favourite season, because I get my birthday (Dec. 21) and my favourite holiday (Christmas) in the same month! My favourite winter activity is skiing, but toboganning is a close second! Me & my sister & my dad went toboganning yesterday, we still have bruises on our tailbones, cuz that snow was hard! But then we go and warm up in front of the fireplace with some hot chokkie. : ) Happy Holidays, everyone!

Anonymous said...

I do figure skating and love to pretend i am in the olympics. And I LOVE to go sledding.