Friday, August 25, 2006

Get Into Giving

There are a lot of kids whose parents can't afford to buy them school supplies. Today one of our local radio stations collected school supply donations for the Boys and Girls Club of Duluth. Their goal was to fill a school bus with bookbags, notebooks, crayons, pencils, pens, etc. I thought, "You know, I can help out with this!" So, this morning I went to Target and bought a donation. It made me feel good to contribute to something. It didn't take a lot of time out of my day (I was late for work, however) and it didn't cost a lot of money, but I know that some little girl or boy out there will be grateful that they have a Superman backpack with notebooks to write in and pens and pencils to write with. These are the types of things that leave an impression on the world and a good feeling in your heart.

We want to hear from you!
What charitable work, community service or causes are you working for or donating to? What causes are you passionate about? Tell us about it!

No comments: