Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A New Moonie shares her favorite banned book

New Moon's Administrative Assistant, Melanie, has this to say about How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell -- one of her favorite books.

"I read this book at least three times when I was in grade school. When I did a quick Google search, I found that it is also a banned book! Here is the link.
http://mail.newmoon.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.funtrivia.com/ask.cfm?action=details%26qnid=50609

Anyway, it was a quick easy read for me as a kid and the first time I read it I couldn't believe that the main character Billy actually ate the worms! It was so goofy and fun that I had to read it more than once! Memories of reading the book came back to me when I saw that a movie was being made based on the book!As far as the reasons why How to Eat Fried Worms is banned, I've never eaten fried worms and I'm not a compulsive gambler.

I've also read SuperFudge and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume, who was mentioned in the kick-off post for how many times people have tried to ban her books."

No comments: